Blazing Trails with Blazor




There is anew way to build web applications using C# and .Net Core, it is called Blazor.Net.  It is an experimental technology that leverages the mono run time in a browser, via web assembly, while utilizing the Razor engine from Asp.Net.   This article is not to explain the details about Blazor but to reflex on why I am excited about it and my experiences learning and using it.

Here is a set of links that I have already gather to help me get started on the Blazor trail:


I have worked on the front end of web side for many years building business applications.  I would not say I know JaveScript and CSS, I can manage my way through them.  My strength is with C#, so when I heard I can “replace” JavaScript on the front end with C#, I got very excited.

Blazor still using CSS, HTML and JavaScript, but the core the frontend coding can now be done in C#.  What I like thus far about Blazor is the ease of wiring in events, it’s dependency injection and the code reuse it will allow me to use.

Blazor, like other web technologies that have come before it, only time will tell if it will be successful.  I just want to help spread the word.

I am planning a series of post to show real application implementation of common components and features.  I want to see how Blazor holds up with more then the traditional “Hello World” and “to-do” applications.

Upcoming articles:
  •           Multiple UI Layouts
  •           Log in Form
  •            File Upload
  •           View Media


It should be fun.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes, Blazor Server can scale!

Blazor new and improved Search Box

Blazor Wizard Step Component