Deploying Blazor to Azure App Service


I just got my cool Blazor application built and running local.  I am now ready to show it to the world.  I publish from Visual Studio following the normal process and deploy it as an Azure app service.  The default browser fires up and suddenly, a big error screen is shown.


So, it off to Google I go.  I search for several minutes unable to find anything that is related.  My thinking is that I can not be the only one trying to deploy Blazor to Azure, what did I do wrong.  Back to Google.

After still no luck, I stopped and thought about what is going on.  I am using Blazor that runs on .Net Core 3.0.  Azure is not running on .Net Core 3.0 because it is not even out yet.  So how do I have Azure use the .Net Core 3.0 runtime?  A little more googling and I found it!
You just need to follow these steps:
1.       Add .Net Core 3.0 as an extension to the App Service




a.       Click on Add Extension



b.       Select ASP.Net Core 3.0 (X64) Run-time



c.       Click “Ok” in lower left
d.       Select “Accept legal terms”


e.       Click “OK” again
f.        You will get a confirmation


g.       Go back to the App service overview
h.       Select Configuration
i.         Select General Settings
     
j.         Click “Save”
k.       Click “Restart app” on the top of the page


l.         Click “Yes”

At this point your new Blazor application should be available for the world to see.

This type of information is only need once in awhile but when you can not find it, it is a pain.  Once Blazor and .Net Core 3.0 is released, we should not have to go through this anymore.  But it is cool to see all the other extension that are available.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes, Blazor Server can scale!

Blazor new and improved Search Box

Blazor Wizard Step Component